Monday 28 May 2012

Exclusive Celebrity Interview....Meet Our Nollywood Fineboy Up Close and Personal - Nonso Diobi


Nonso Diobi is an Actor, a producer,  a director, a businessman, an entrepreneur, GLO Ambassador, and above all a philanthropist, all these for one young man?, he has been able to carve a niche for himself and he has been able to keep up with the pace and competition in the industry, For those of you who don’t know, Nonso is from Anambra state , Nawfia Njikoka Local Government to be precise, his from  a family of 5 where he is the last born,

 I caught up with Nonso Diobi Recently........Read on as .....
Nonso opens up about his past, his career and the man behind the Screen. he has also joined his other colleagues who also have verred into directing and producing, likes of Desmond Elliot, Ini Edo, Uche Jumbo etc.

Before you started acting professionally, what were you doing?
I was even still a student of unizik then before I started Acting; I used to skip classes just to make ends meet for fees and other things.
But luckily for me I was studying theatre arts so it made it easier for me so when I started acting I combined school and acting.

Hmmmm…interesting, so what were you actually doing to make ends meet? Been That you were just a student.
I was selling clothes to my course mates.

Wow that’s good!!so who introduced you into the movie industry???
Well I guess it was destined. I was just on location watching people that acting likes of pete edochie, olu Jacobs and co. then one of their actors couldn’t make it, the director looked around and called me, I was scared and nervous but within me I was happy, he gave me the script and tested me, even though I failed woefully, he never gave up on me till I got it right.
So that’s how I got into my first movie ever.

Lol, true destiny I must say, what’s this directors name and how much were you paid?
The name of the movie is border line, ruke amata directed the movie and I was paid 15,000 **he laughs*

15k??, I can understand why you laughed, so like how much are you paid for a movie now
Hmmm…..Ask the directors oooo, I can’t say

Laughing, I didn’t think you would answer that
Yes

So you have been keeping a low profile lately and away from our screen for a while now, your fans would like to know what you have been up to ….
Well I just finished shooting a movie which I produced and directed and part of the reasons I have been lowkey is due to the many scandals involving my name.

Talking about scandals, do you wish to clear any now?
Yes of course

Ok, Shoot
For example this is not my pin 320D9A6F, don’t know who the person is, but
 I think he is claiming to be me and trying to spoil my name, this has really affected me and some of my friends that are close too, didn’t notice this earlier, it was when my colleagues noticed a broadcast about it that the called my attention to it on BBM,I ignored it but when it affected my friends concerned  I couldn’t keep quiet, I am even still looking for a medium to know who the person is, I can do whatever he wants at least to clear my name , I have got only 2 pins, the one that ends with 65 and the one that ends with DA2.
And snother scandal was when I saw in a magazine that I fought a girl over unpaid roles, pls o my fans should rebuff this rumor because it is not true.

OMG!! So sorry about all of this, can’t imagine what you have gone through because of this
I have actually gone through a lot my dear, cos I was been asked a lot of questions on a daily basis.

And also let me tell you a little story, I met some girls on twitter, from twitter to BBM  , aftte a while they started telling me about love, almost all of them at that time, so I decided to play a little trick to know which was genuine, I involved my brother into it, so the girls were chatting with me on BB , but I gave them my brothers number,so after one of the girls called and found out that it wasn't me she had been speaking with, she became rude to me not knowing, it later spread amongst her friends, so I told my brother to tell them it wasn't me who they have been speaking to on the phone.

In the Process of the game, I found out that 2 of the girls already have their own Bf's before they even met me, I was just happy I didn't fall into their trap.
The amazing thing is that my brother found true love among these Girls, I think her name is Jessie,

Am happy my brother found true love now,and as for the girls, all i can say is God Help them.

hmmm...Celebrities is this what y'all face? What a Story, Ladies let's tone it down too
Anyways thumbs up on your new movie
Thank you


What’s the name of the movie and when is it expected to be released
It’s called STREETZ and will be out this summer, I will soon be going to the UK to complete the work am also getting ready for the premiere.
Which other casts do we have on STREETZ?
We have kelvin brooks, 2shots the artiste and Eric Anderson including me.

Tell us a lil of what the story is about
I acted as a cop trying to make a crime free world and we have some bad guys as the robbers, so it’s a little of police and thief thingy…..he laughs

Nyce 1, so we can call it Action film? we hardly have such movies produced here in Nollywood.
Yea, I wanna set the pace

Well done bro, I can’t wait to see this movie. I like it already
                                                                           Thank you
                                                                                     
                                                                            
                                                                       So asides movies, do you have plans of going into music or any other ventures?
I own a record label called Golden Tape Media
Ok, am just hearing this for the first time, does it mean you will drop an album or single someday?
I have few artistes on my label, I am also a glo ambassador and I have a few projects at hand, yes I have got a single already, very funny song I tell you.

Hmmm, na wa oo, so when do we get the privilege to hear this song?
Soon

Ok, Ehen bros I her say na armed robber salary dem dey give Glo Ambassadors…lol…how true is that
He laughs, which one be armed robber salary? Abeg ooo, anyways we are paid good cash you know?


I don’t know oo, till I feel it
So how were you chosen to become a Glo Ambassador?
 Hmmmmm, Glo Ambassadors comprises of top entertainment icons in the industry that can represent the brand very well so that’s just it

And am pretty suure you are doing a good job on that one too.
Yes

I trust you, how old are you if I may ask?
How can I say that to the whole world?




Laughing, ok just tell us your age range
I am between 28 – 32

What’s the best thing a fan has ever done for you
Best thing? Like sending me a birthday 
                                                                                                        gift?
I don’t know, you tell me
Well the best thing a fan has done for me, was sending me a birthday gift

Any worse comment from a fan?
Yes oo, “you are so rude”
Awww, how did that make you feel? are you rude? Really?
It didn’t bother me, but I felt bad sha, well some peeps see me as a rude person because I feel they are trying to get my attention by calling me that, which really works.

Ok, I see
So I heard you gave your mum a surprise mansion for mother’s day, is that true?

Yes, its true, its no news

That’s so cool, sure she was filled with joy
Yes

What do you do to unwind?
I have a swimming pool where I go to cool off sometimes, I also club on Fridays.

So Does our Nollywood  Fineboy have a girlfriend or fiancée? Am sure our single ladies out there are itching to hear this.
Fineboy? Covering his face, well I have got lots of female admirers but I am very much single

You haven’t found the right woman?what do you look for in a woman?
I don’t believe in the right woman, just find the right person your heart wants, I look for every good thing in a woman.

Wow !! am sure you will get more female fans after this interview                   
Laughing, am even still trying to cope with the ones I already have.

Sorry, just expect more now
Maybe

Mention 3 of your favorite actor/actress
Tonto Dike, Ini Edo, Uche Elendu

Kai!! You too like woman oo…no guy sef
Laughing, ok, my best actors are Mike Ezuruonye, Frank Artus, Ramsey Nouah and Yul Edochie

So I have a question for you from a fan
Please Stephanie, ask him why all our Naija artiste like getting married to big boys and big girls and not anyone that’s not up to their standard, like in Hollywood where we have the likes of J.lo dating her dancer.

Well that depends, everyone is not the same so I can’t really give a reason for that.Some people date for love, some date for class, dat’s just it, I Will date anyone or get married to a woman who has a good heart, it’s not by status for me.

Where do you see yourself in 5years time as regards your career and life in general
Well I love to win a big award on acting, get married, been a good father and husband, just live my life

What’s the biggest award you have wished for
Maybe AMAA Awards or if there is any greater.

Have you ever dated anyone in the industry?
Yes, but I won’t mention any names

Did you think it would have lasted?
I knew it wasn’t going to last, besides we never did it for marriage

So it was just a fling, like for fun
Yes, it was just for fun

Any final words for your fan, those who look up to you for inspiration
All I will tell them is never to give up in anything you do, don’t listen to people because they will definitely talk, one more thing, please don’t always believe any stories you hear about Nonso Diobi unless you confirm it from him, thank you.

But where will they see you to confirm it na
I will grant more interviews if need be.

Thank you Nonso for your time, it was nice chatting with you. And I think you are a great guy, don’t mind them haters.
Pleasure

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one stephanie

Susan said...

wow...girls can be so lame....Nonso you are good at what you do...so just focus.....u re one of my best

Chineze Amaka said...

i just love Nonso.....my God you are single?? wow....can i have your pin?? plsssss

micheal said...

nyce one bruv....keep up the good job.....i cant wait to see your new movie......God go make you bigger

Anonymous said...

Guy.....well done is all i can say...

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the movie Out,God bless u nd ur carrier.

Anonymous said...

Wooow I once told u give dem ur email nt pin or phone nub. nice one about u big up more brO

Dazzon said...

Stephine Nice interview...hope u will inter view me one dai oo....Nonso nice one...keep the good work going....STREETz can wait 2 watch d city of gang...Wink*

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,I am actually 1 of dose fans dat said"you are so rude",I neva knew he cld act d way he did.d fact was dat i wasn't tryin 2 chat wit him so dat we cld start dating or wot,bot just 2 chat,dats all.he asked 4 a help nd I kindly accepted 2 help bot in d process,he tot I was one "of dose"nd bluffed me after all I did 4 him.anyways,he's still one of my favourite actors

Anonymous said...

Nyc work steph...keep it up

Anonymous said...

My sister's fave Naija actor.he's very gud

Anonymous said...

I wonder when gurls will learn.dats why most guyz take us for granted & and think we are all the same..Anywayz,nonso nothing do you.u r still my favourite actor joooor.waiting for ur new movie mehn!