Monday 19 November 2012

I don't believe in God or anyting Sipernatural - Seun Kuti


When Seun who is the youngest son of the late legendary Afrobeat pioneer, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti was asked what God meant to him, Seun Kuti simply and clearly refused to acknowledge his existence and the existence of any other supernatural being.
I do not believe in God. I am not a believer of anything supernatural. I don’t believe in God, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Ifa, Ogun, or whatever anybody uses as a reason to explain simple actions of nature. God, to me, is in existence’ he said.
Seun does believe in one thing for sure – Nature. While he says he doesn’t smoke cigarettes, he has admitted to smoking marijuana, which is actually a banned substance in Nigeria.
Yes, I do. But I don’t smoke cigarette… I don’t believe any human being has the right to tell nature what to do. Nature believes in the usefulness of marijuana. And I think mankind is pompous. You don’t say earthquake or Tsunami is illegal. So, why should marijuana, an equally natural thing, be illegal, even when earthquakes and Tsunami are killing people

No comments: