Friday 4 May 2012

‘I DIDN’T WRITE ANY SONG FOR MIKEL OBI’, 2FACE FINALLY CLEARS THE AIR


2face says Obi  is a ‘wonderful and talented footballer’
At his ‘Buckwyld and Breathless’ concert on Monday, 2face Idibia finally cleared the air on his relationship with Super Eagles and Chelsea FC midfielder Mikel Obi.
2face was about performing his hit song ‘Only me’ when he paused the live band set and asked everyone to listen up…

They say I wrote this song (Only me) for Mikel. I did not do this song for Mikel Obi. Mikel Obi is a wonderful and talented footballer. So please stop spreading the rumours’.
In 2010, the news surfaced stating that 2face had recorded ‘Only me’ to spite Mikel Obi after the latter reportedly shunned the pop singer in a UK club. The story was fuelled by the lyrics of the song; even though Idibia mentioned no names..

But in a recent exclusive interview with NET, 2face said ‘It’s just some people who know how to spread rumours, I need to meet the person that started the rumour because it really travelled’.

No comments: