Monday 7 May 2012

‘PEOPLE THOUGHT I WAS COPYING WANDE COAL’ – CHUDDY K


Chuddy K at the recently held Industry Nite for NET anniversary
Popular singer Chukwudi Ken Agali, also known as Chuddy K is planning to surprise Nigerians with his second album.
Chuddy K, who is from Utwue Ogume Local Government Area of Delta State, was a former member of the ‘Salvation Boiz‘, an acapella group of the Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG), along with Mo’Hits singer Wande Coal.
My new single ‘Gaga going crazy’ is really crazy. I feel like I released the song six months ago. The first time I sang the song on stage, people went crazy and it was awesome‘.

Chuddy K also spoke on his performance at the grand finale of Nigerian Idol; ‘My performance was an interesting experience and I am happy that people really appreciate what I am doing. I’m quite sure I will stay put in the industry‘.
When asked about his relationship with Wande Coal, he said ‘We are brothers and we’ve been like a family. We were in the same group called the Salvation Boiz, where we sang lead at the Redeemed Christian Church of God for seven years. So we are cool‘.

On the challenges he faced before getting into the industry, the ‘Slow slow‘ singer was frank: ‘I had to battle with some challenges before I could gain my place in the industry. Actually, some people thought I was copying Wande. I could remember my first performance on stage, someone threw a sachet of water on me and said I was copying WC. But that is all gone now because people now know me, they now reckon with my brand, so that is the good thing about it’.
Discussing the Mo’Hits saga, Chuddy K said ‘Fight dey happen now, we are humans. I don’t want to put the blames on anybody. 40 friends can’t live together for 40 years but still everybody has to do their thing.

The singer says he wants to ‘make the world dance’ with his music. He said his follow up album to his debut ‘I am Me’ will be out in September, but kept mum on possible collaborations. In his words: ‘I’m keeping it on the low profile. So as to make it a surprise.

No comments: