Monday 17 September 2012

Why I Launched a Website - Toolz



Popular OAP Tolu Oniru otherwise known as Toolz has set up her very own website which she plans to launch on Tuesday, September 18, 2012.

The dashing BEAT FM 99.9 radio personality opened up to NET on why she thought of having her personal website.
A good friend of mine who is in social media advised me about 18 months ago to have my own (web) site as in his own words ‘all media personalities should have one’. But as I felt I was still very new to the industry it just didn’t feel like the right time’,Toolz explains.

She said she forget about the whole idea until earlier in the year when she travelled on holidays and paid a visit to BBC Radio 1Xtra studios in the UK.

I was having a discussion with one of their producers, and they asked if I would like to be a guest on Tim Westwood’s show – I jumped at the opportunity. They have to get background info on all their guests before final approval, and they asked for my website and bio, and of course I didn’t have one. I decided then and there to get the wheels moving on my website’, she says.

So what should fans expect from the website? Toolz says it isn’t going to be your formal profile-bio-photo portal as she’s got great plans for us!

It initially was supposed to be an online home for my bio and bits and pieces of work that I’ve done, but after consulting with my friend once more, he convinced me to make the idea much bigger, and thus ‘www.ToolzO.net’ was born’.
She discloses to NET that the site will focus heavily on music, feature interviews, news articles and will also showcase work she has done like ‘The Juice’ shows forNdani TV, interviews she’s had and much more.

I also plan to put new projects on www.ToolzO.net – there are several TV ideas that I havethat have been ‘under development’ for an annoyingly long period of time. Developing and airing TV projects can be very hard to execute in Nigeria, but I believe there’s always a way around all hurdles. I feel the online platform is quite under-used in Nigeria, and having my own website will allowme to essentially get the content that I’m passionate about out there’.

No comments: