Wednesday 22 February 2012

My Husband Proposed to me the First day we met – Muma Gee




Muma Gee and Prince EkeGift Uwame popularly known as MumaGee has been described as Nigeria’s foremost stage queen. Muma and her husband met on Sunday, June 13, 2010 at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (Victory Chapel) in Magodo GRA during the Thanksgiving service of her friend and actor, Emeka Ike. They got married a year and a half later in December of 2011. Enjoy her marriage avowals below.
How did you meet your husband?
Emeka Ike and I had both taken part in the Celebrity Gulder Ultimate Search and Emeka Ike won the reality TV show. As the show progressed, rumours sprang up that we were dating. But Emeka Ike is happily married with three boys and wanted to fully put down the gristmill. He therefore introduced me to his church and family at his thanksgiving. He also used the opportunity to hook me up with his friend Prince Eke who had flown in from Enugu to grace the occasion.  That was the first time we met each other. When they got back to Emeka’s house, Prince requested to speak with me. Before then, Emeka Ike had already warned me about his friend’s marriage intentions. I agreed to speak with him and get to know him better and as time progressed I fell in love. Except for the few periods that Prince was on location or when I went on tour, we have been together ever since that first meeting at Emeka Ike’s house.
 How long have you been married?
Just a few months, and loving it.
 How did your husband propose?
You won’t believe that it was on that same very first day we met. Even though Emeka Ike had warned me that Prince was interested in me, I was utterly bemused when he proposed there and then. As he continued to speak, I got to realize that Prince was really serious. I didn’t accept to marry him that day but that was how our relationship started
 What do you think is the “key” to a successful marriage?
I believe couples should do things together which I’m trying to learn to do. Since we’re both into entertainment, I recorded a song with my husband entitled “Wedding Day” which we performed on our own day. It was one of the highest points of the ceremony for me. Also, we started an entertainment company by the name of G.E.E.K.L.I.P.S. – a combination of Gee from my stage name and Eklips which is my husband’s nickname.

No comments: