Wednesday 2 May 2012

“I’m Not The Reason She’s Gone.” – Bobby Brown Talks Whitney Houston…


Bobby Brown sits down for the first time since the passing of his ex-wife of 15years  with Matt Lauer of the ‘Today’ Show.
In the interview  which is scheduled to air this Wednesday, Bobby sets the record straight saying don’t blame him for Whitney’s death.
The New Edition singer  speaks candidly about his past with Whitney, his drug use as well as his relationship with his daughter Bobbi Kristina.
On his last encounter with Whitney:
She “had this glow about her that was just, you know, incredible. I’m saying to myself, you know, ‘She must be … she must be doing really well,’because she looked really well.”….”looked like she was in a good place.”

On cocaine being contributing factor in Whitney’s death:
“I was hurt. I was hurt … because, you know, me being off of narcotics for the last seven years, I felt that she was, you know, I didn’t know she was struggling with it still. But at the same time, you know, listen, it’s a hard fight.  It’s a hard fight to, you know, maintain sobriety that way.”
“It had to be that one, because that’s all it takes. One hit, you know … it could definitely take your life away from you. And, unfortunately, that was it.”
On accusations that he was responsible for Whitney’s downward spiral:
“It makes me feel terrible.  But you know, I know differently. I think if anyone ever knew us, if anybody ever spent time around us instead of time lookin’ through the bubble, they would know how we felt about each other. They would know how happy we were together.”
On introducing Whitney to drugs.
“I didn’t get high [on narcotics] before I met Whitney. I smoked weed, I drank the beer, but no, I wasn’t the one that got Whitney on drugs at all.” 
“It’s just … it’s just unexplainable how one could, you know, [say that I] got her addicted to drugs. I’m not the reason she’s gone.”

No comments: