Monday 6 August 2012

Kunle Afolayan Recognized as "New Generation Leader for Africa"



Kunle Afolayan

Filmmaker Kunle Afolayan has been named a 2012 ‘New Generation Leader for Africa’ by the African Leadership Network.
Afolayan was selected over a thousand other young African candidates presented to the network’s selection committee.


I will put in my own contribution as an African and as a young entrepreneur, but I am open to further collaborations with multinationals on impactful projects. I enjoyed the opportunities I benefited from Glo while the contract lasted and I am also excited about our brand association with business entities like Blackberry International, IRS Airline, Unilever, GSK, MTN, Seven-Up, Virgin Nigeria and many more’, Afolayan says.


The main thing for my career now is to produce a movie that does not only represent Nigeria, but Africa and possibly earn Nigeria the first Oscar or Golden Globe nomination. Golden Effects Pictures is hoping to shoot a new film this year set in 1960, a significant year in the history of my country’, he added.
Afolayan has set himself apart in the Nollywood movie industry, with award winning films like ‘The Figurine’ and the recently premiered ‘Phone Swap’.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whеn I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" сhеckbox anԁ nοω еaсh tіme a comment is
added I get three e-maіls with the ѕаmе cοmment.
Is there any way you сan removе mе from that
serνіce? Сhеerѕ!
Feel free to visit my homepage : Learn More