Wednesday 7 March 2012

Jealous Boyfriend Blinds His Girl’s Eyes With Acid



Lateefah Adesope, a Naional Diploma holder had turned down several advances made to her by a jobless man, Alabi Olokode on the grounds that she doesn’t love him and can’t date him.
But little did she known that the guy is a… desperado who wanted her at all cost. He persisted, but Lateefah also maintained her stand. This, however, did not go down well with the desperate boyfriend. He decided to lay ambush for the innocent girl.
Narrating her story, Lateefah said: I was on my way to say my morning prayers at Tekunudeen Mosque, Aboru on Friday, December 30, 2011, when  Alabi, who was hiding near the mosque, suddenly called my name. As I turned back, he poured a liquid substance on my face.
The liquid went straight into my eyes and started burning my face. At that time, I didn’t know it was acid but I just realised that I couldn’t open my eyes because of the burning sensation I was having.
When I started screaming, people around me confirmed it was acid because the substance consumed part of my veil.
Lateefah was taken to the LASUTH, Ikeja, where, after few weeks, she was told point-blank by the doctor that she would not be able to see again as a result of the damage. She’s now a shadow of her self.
Her mother, a widow with six children, is also in a sorry state because of what Alabi did to her daughter. She is crying for justice in the matter.
The Lagos State Police PRO, Mr. Joseph Jaiyeoba, said Alabi had been arrested. Policemen attached to the Oke-odo Division were able to arrest Olokode on Sunday following a tip-off.
The suspect denied the allegations and said he was her boyfriend. He has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, and investigation is ongoing, he said.

No comments: