Friday 15 June 2012

Young couple got married twice in one day after bungling registrar forgot to ask bride to say 'I do'



Kelly Sweetman and Nathan Rees, both 25, from Cardiff were overjoyed when they tied the knot but their wedding planner swiftly broke the news that Kelly hadn't said any of her marital vows during the service. 
As a result the couple's dream beach wedding in Cyprus had to be staged all over again an hour later because it wouldn't have been legally binding.

Police community support officer Kelly said: 'Nathan said his vows and then the registrar told him to put the wedding ring on me and then announced we were man and wife.
'I thought it was very strange I hadn’t said my vows but I didn’t say anything. I did notice all my guests staring at each other looking very confused.
'Nathan and I carried on and signed the register and were about to have our pictures taken. It when only when the wedding organiser overheard my guests saying I hadn’t said my vows that it went a bit crazy.'
Shortly after the service the hotel was forced to call the County Hall and get the registrar to return while the alter was re-decorated.

The pair were then officially declared man and wife in the Cypriot service.
Nathan and Kelly had flown to the Mediterranean island for the beach wedding with a ceremony organised by the hotel where they were staying, but ended up getting two weddings for the price of one.
Kelly added: 'Luckily everyone saw the funny side. The registrar was amazing and bought all our guest drinks which was really nice.

'It was just of those things. The registrar had carried out the service many, many times without a hitch - but just forgot my vows this time. We had the perfect day we wanted and the one little hiccup only added to our happy memories.
Ceramic tiler Nathan met Kelly on Facebook two years ago when they both logged onto a dating application.
Romantic Nathan said: “I didn’t mind having to go through the service again - I got to kiss the bride twice I love Kelly so much I’d marry her every day if I could.'

Culled from Daily Mail.
hmmm...this facebook love thing is really working for some people ooo.....

No comments: