Thursday 26 July 2012

A Racist Athlete has been Expelled From The Olympics!

   



 Triple jumper, Voula Papachristou has had her Olympic card revoked after making a racist remark on Twitter.

The athlete tweeted a very insensitive ‘joke’, on Monday which has came under major fire.

“with so many Africans in Greece, at least the West Nile mosquitos will be eating Food from their own home.”  
After much criticism, she of course apologized saying,
I would like to express my heartfelt Apologies for the unfortunate and tasteless joke I published on my personal Twitter account. I am very sorry and ashamed for the negative responses I triggered, since I never wanted to offend anyone, or to encroach Human Rights .
My dream is connected to the Olympic Games and I could not possibly participate if I did not respect their values. Therefore, I could never believe in discrimination between human beings and races.
I would like to apologize to all my friends and fellow Athletes, who I may have insulted or shamed, the National Team, as well as the people and companies who support my athletic career. Finally, I would like to apologize to my coach and my family. 
But i guess her apology was not enough as Greece Announced that she will not be moving forward to London.

No comments: