Wednesday 25 July 2012

Maria Carey gets the Whooping sum of $18M to be the next American Idol Judge

Mariah Carey is smiling to the bank…
The rumours have now been confirmed. Mariah Carey will join American Idol as a judge for the show’s next series, TV network Fox has announced.

I am so excited to be joining Idol. I can’t wait to get started in the fall and I will see you in January’, Mariah Carey said. 

Carey will be joining the long-serving Idol judge and Randy Jackson on the judging panel after the exit of Aerosmith front manSteven Tyler and singer Jennifer Lopez.

According to one report, the Grammy-winning pop star will get $18m for her one-year contract with the option of renewing it.

While Ryan Seacrest will be back as the show’s host, no announcement has been made on a third judge.
Previous judges include Paula Abdul, Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneres.
I’m happy for her, actually. I like Mariah. I think she’s going to find it difficult to say no. You’ve got to say no to people and she’s sweet’,  former head judge, Simon Cowell said.

No comments: