Monday 15 April 2013

Jim Iyke Lands Lead Role In Nairobi Crime Thriller titled My Life In Crime



Jim Iyke will be starring in a new Kenyan crime thriller titled My Life In Crime. which he has been cast in the lead role as Jack Zolo, a merciless criminal.The movie will be produced by Kirina Productions and Cthrough productions.
Jim will be joined by a star studded Kenyan cast, including Ainea Ojiambo, Janet Kirina, Abubakar Mwenda, Melvin Alusa, Jeff Koinange, Lenana Kariba and Eddy Kimani.
The movie’s producer Niel Schell (who cast Iyke for the role) says it took two years to come up with the complete script. The movie will begin production in September.
Schell defended his choice of Nigerian lead actor saying, ‘This makes it easy to sell it to the wider African market and beyond.’
Follow us on Twitter @stephnelo
He added, ‘I meet Jim Iyke in Uganda at a film festival and i told him about a script I have that is interesting. And within hours of getting the script he called me back and said he loved Jack Zolo. Jim will get the movie out to as many people as possible and the Kenyan actors will get wider recognition.’
Jim who is currently shooting his reality show titled Jim Iyke Unscripted said at the briefing in Nairobi, ‘I was in Uganda to do some pro bono work. Everybody knew who I was except for Niel. When he gave me the script I was excited about the role. He asked me to audition and put it on tape and send it but I flew myself in and auditioned for the role.’
Keep doing your thing Bro.....

No comments: